A new adventure begins!
New Zealand has long been on my list of dream destinations. As I arrive in the Sofitel at the Viaduct Harbour in New Zealand, prostate I find this waiting for me:
Dear Julia, order
On behalf of New Zealand Winegrowers, New Zealand Trade and Enterprise and Central Otago Pinot Noir Ltd, I would like to extend a very warm welcome to New Zealand to you. Please find enclosed the following items to get you started on your trip:
• A hard copy version of your final itinerary.
• Electronic tickets for your domestic flights.
• NZ Winegrowers Annual Report.
• Cuisine Wine Annual which contains winery backgrounds and locations.
• Brochures on NZ varieties, regions and sustainability.
• Sunscreen and cap to protect against this beautiful but harsh NZ sun.
• A NZ wine memory stick.
• A greenstone pendant, lasting memento of your time in New Zealand.”
What a welcome!
I and my partner, Gerhard have arrived from Munich via Dubai and Melbourne. It has been a long flight. I have to say that flying Emirates was great – the best airline I have yet experienced. Despite this we are exhausted and decide to just have a look around the harbour. We have a delicious fish dinner at the Eurobar on the Marina. And then have a night cap at the Sugar Club in the Sky Tower, certainly a #NZmustdo.